What Is A Mailto Link?
Mailto Link Benefits
- Reduce effort—Make it convenient for someone to send you a readymade email with prefilled “To”, “CC,” “BCC,” ‘Subject line’ and ‘Body text’ matter in just a few mouse clicks;
- Save time—Send emails instantly without having to copy-paste email addresses or switching between browser tabs;
- Improve engagement and conversions—Make it easier for them to do it than not to do it, by reducing friction and automating action.
Mailto Link Generator Uses
- Visitors can send a demo request;
- Prospects can initiate a quick sales inquiry;
- Customers can ask for help by raising a Support ticket.
How Does Mailto Link Generator Work?
- Fill up the required form fields that you’d like prefilled. i.e. “To”, “CC”, “BCC”, “Subject line” & “Body” text;
- A unique Mailto URL is created automatically;
- Copy the generated Mailto link or HTML code and hyperlink or embed it on your website, landing page, email signatures, etc.
How To Create A Mailto Link Online?
Example of Mailto Link with Pre-filled Subject and Body
<a href="mailto:email@example.com?subject=Pricing%20inquiry%20-%20Professional%20Plan&body=Hi%2C%0A%0AI%20am%20looking%20for%20more%20information%20on%20your%20Professional%20plan.%0A%0AThank%20you">Link text</a>
How to Test Mailto Link
- Input any fields that need to be pre-filled and press the Generate button;
- Copy the Mailto URL generated under the Mailto link section;
- Paste it inside the address bar of your web browser and hit enter.
Tips for Mailto Link Generation