Mailchimp might have been great for you at first. But you’ve outgrown it and are looking at similar programs now. Many Mailchimp rivals will give you more bang for your buck.
In this article, we’ll cover all about other email services like Mailchimp — its rivals and competition, both free vs. paid, that will help you pick the best email service provider for your business. So stay with us to learn how these alternatives to Mailchimp can help save you thousands of dollars every year or earn your business more revenue!
Why Consider Mailchimp Alternatives?
While Mailchimp remains a popular email marketing solution, many Mailchimp users complain about the lack of features, advanced automation workflows, and several other problems. Here is why you should also consider looking at Mailchimp alternatives if you’re serious about email marketing:
- Lack of Features – Mailchimp lacks critical features that complement email marketing, such as SMS messaging capabilities, advanced marketing automation, and A/B testing. As a result, you need to use other solutions to make the most out of email opportunities. Moreover, it has a complicated user interface, confusing many non-technical business owners.
- Increasing Costs – Mailchimp pricing starts at $34 monthly for 2500 contacts. Compared to an email marketing tool like Sender, which has Free Forever, Standard, and Premium plans starting at $8 monthly for the same number of contacts, Mailchimp appears costly for its features.
- Restrictive Free Plan – Mailchimp offers fewer features on the lower plans and has a limited Free version — it provides just basic segmentation, only one-step automation workflows, and allows fewer users overall.
- Complicated User Interface – With the increasing demand for user-friendly and intuitive design solutions, Mailchimp’s interface and workflow for the simplest tasks leave much to be desired. The templates are pretty basic, the UI is rudimentary, and the features are limiting, especially on lower plans.
- Limited Automation Feature – Mailchimp allows users to send emails to only one list at a time. You can customize that email list, but you don’t have the choice of sending it to multiple subscriber lists simultaneously, defeating automation’s whole purpose in the first place.
Best MailChimp Alternatives in 2023
If you’ve been searching for the best email marketing services and apps like MailChimp, look no further. Here are 11 Mailchimp rivals and contestants that will give you better results (and control) over your email marketing campaigns:
- Constant Contact
- Newsletter Plugin
- Sendinblue (Brevo)
Let’s look at each of these alternatives one by one.
1. Sender – Best Free Mailchimp Alternative for Newsletters and Automation
If you have been using Mailchimp to manage your newsletter, grow your eCommerce biz, or experiment with automation, you should look at Sender. Sender is a full-suite marketing automation and email marketing solution that will help you grow faster.
- Marketing automation;
- Drag & Drop builder;
- Email & SMS campaigns;
- Signup & Popups;
- Real-time Reports.
The best part about Sender is that it’ll cost a fraction of MailChimp and give you greater control over your growth plans. Sender is a great tool for e-commerce store owners, real estate agents, bloggers, small businesses, and anyone looking to grow their operations. Here’s what you can achieve using Sender:
- Collect leads from the website using in-line and behavioral popups;
- Nurture leads using email & SMS campaign automation for upselling, cross-selling, follow-up campaigns, etc.;
- Create beautiful and highly responsive emails using the drag-and-drop builder and email template library;
- Advanced segmentation and audience management features to hyper-target and personalize your email and SMS campaigns;
- Drag-and-drop automation sequence builder with behavioral triggers and multi-step flow creation capabilities.
You can also use Sender to create an engaging email newsletter using its rich library of ready-to-send HTML email templates. Design your branded emails using the drag-and-drop design tool without writing a single line of code.
Sender also integrates with top content management systems, CRMs, and e-commerce platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, and Magento. So, it’s easy to automate your entire sales funnel.
Why Sender is the best Mailchimp alternative?
- It’s more reasonably priced;
- It has an unlimited free plan;
- It offers email & SMS automation;
- It provides effective SMS campaigns;
- Its customer support is quick and always ready to help.
eCommerce businesses, bloggers, newsletter creators, and small business owners. Sender offers multiple integrations and advanced automation email sequences, making it ideal for growing a following, boosting revenue and sales, and taking the company forward on autopilot.
|Free Forever plan||Free||2,500 contacts & 15,000 emails per month.|
|Standard plan||Starts at $8 per month||2,500 contacts & 30,000 emails per month.|
|Professional plan||Starts at $29 per month||2,500 contacts & 60,000 emails per month.|
“Sender is the best email autoresponder out there that guarantees you quality at a convenient price that doesn’t have to cut a leg or shake your bank. I love everything about them, from customer service to service delivery.” Awogor M.
2. Klaviyo – Best Alternative for SMS & Email Marketing Software
Klaviyo is a robust marketing platform for eCommerce store owners who want to build solid customer relationships, making it a great Mailchimp alternative. It’s also for enterprises that want to experiment with what works and what doesn’t when driving sales through omnichannel marketing campaigns across emails and SMS.
- Omnichannel marketing automation;
- Performance reports;
- Powerful segmentation;
- Instant integration to various apps such as Shopify, PrestaShop, and WooCommerce.
The full-featured marketing platform helps you build email-based customer experiences and connect with customers based on how they interact with your brand. Klaviyo also provides growth workshops for marketers, empowering them with the knowledge and skills required for success.
While it has powerful email marketing features, Klaviyo also offers solutions to build landing pages and signup forms. The platform has an intuitive design so that you spend less time learning and more time working on it. It also integrates with major e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
Why Klaviyo is a good Mailchimp alternative
- It lets you create custom segments based on various aspects such as email and SMS engagement, products viewed, and location;
- It supports dynamic content to help you personalize emails for different customers;
- It has automation features that help you make your email and SMS marketing campaigns more effective and efficient;
- It provides an impressive suite of tools for tracking your email and SMS campaigns’ performance.
Klaviyo is ideal for e-commerce stores due to its seamless integrations with platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento. Klaviyo also has powerful tools for e-commerce businesses to engage customers using emails and SMS.
|Free plan||$0 per month||Up to 250 contacts and 500 emails per month;|
|$20 per month||Up to 500 contacts and 5000 emails per month;|
|Email + SMS||$35 per month||Up to 5000 monthly emails + 1250 SMS/MMS credits per month.|
3. Constant Contact – Email Service like Mailchimp for Nonprofits
Constant Contact is an all-in-one digital marketing platform that helps small businesses automate email marketing and SMS campaigns. While it’s a powerful solution for all types of companies, it’s customized for nonprofits and businesses planning growth via event marketing.
- Automated email and SMS campaigns;
- Facebook and Instagram ads;
- Autoresponder automation workflows;
- Integrations to popular platforms such as SurveyMonkey, Jotform, and WordPress.
Constant Contact has many valuable features that make it a great alternative to MailChimp. You can set up SMS campaigns, create landing pages, and more. You can use Constant Contact to:
- Run email and SMS marketing campaigns;
- Create eCommerce promotional campaigns for coupon codes, offers, payment collection, etc.
- Create a website and landing pages;
- Manage social media posts and ads;
- Use an in-built template library for standardized branding, etc.
It also helps you run autoresponder automation workflows to put all your lead generation and lead scoring efforts on auto-pilot. Besides open-source GitHub repositories and SDK, it supports integrations with popular marketing apps and platforms.
Why is Constant Contact a good Mailchimp alternative?
- It has high deliverability rates (97%, according to its website);
- It’s easy to use with virtually no learning curve;
- It has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface;
- It seamlessly integrates with third-party applications.
Nonprofit organizations, digital influencers, and businesses bullish on conducting events and nurturing visitors/leads/attendees to grow their operations. It has some solid integrations and social media support, making it ideal for anyone with a small team (or budget).
|Lite||$12 per month||Up to 500 contacts and 12x contact tier allowance;|
|Standard||$35 per month||Up to 500 contacts & 12x contact tier allowance|
|Premium||$80 per month||Up to 500 contacts and 24x contact tier allowance|
4. AWeber – Best Mailchimp Alternative for Building Landing Pages
Aweber is a powerful MailChimp alternative explicitly designed with small businesses in mind. The standout USP is that it allows you to create landing pages to help scale up your marketing efforts.
- Integration to CRM and CMS such as Salesforce (via Zapier) and more;
- Supports AMP emails;
- Automate your marketing campaigns;
- Autoresponder campaigns, workflow sequences;
- Landing page builder.
Aweber is known to provide strong support for AMP emails, making your campaigns more effective for mobile users. Additionally, Aweber has several features that help you attract and convert quality prospects and customers. These include email marketing campaigns, a landing page builder, email automation (autoresponder campaigns), e-commerce store pages, and web push notifications.
Aweber also supports deep integration to CRMs and content management systems (CMS) such as Salesforce (via Zapier), Elementor, WooCommerce, Etsy, and Shopify, making your life easier. You also get valuable support from its customer support team via live chat, email, or phone.
Why is Aweber a good Mailchimp alternative?
- It can integrate with Canva to quickly design and export high-quality graphics into your emails;
- It provides pre-built automated campaigns that you can easily customize and launch with a few clicks;
- It offers a full range of digital marketing solutions.
Aweber is great for businesses with many mobile subscribers and someone who doesn’t have a full-fledged website yet. If you’re a social media-based business based in India, Europe, or the UK, Aweber is great for you, too, as it integrates directly with Canva to save you time in designing or publishing posts on Instagram, Reddit, or other social media platforms.
|Free||$0 per month||Up to 500 email subscribers (1 email list) & 3000 emails per month;|
|Lite||$12.50 per month||Up to 500 subscribers and unlimited emails;|
|Plus||$20 per month||Up to 500 subscribers, unlimited emails, and unlimited automation flows;|
|Unlimited||$899 per month||Everything unlimited.|
5. HubSpot — Best Mailchimp Alternative for Marketing Automation
HubSpot is a solid contestant in the Mailchimp alternatives list. It has an in-built CRM system that is useful if you’re in any business requiring advanced lead nurturing sequences and a complex sales funnel.
- Powerful marketing automation capabilities;
- Social media management;
- Free CRM solution;
- Landing page and form builder;
- Ticketing (helpdesk operations to support clients and customers);
- Contact list segmentation.
Hubspot comes with an enterprise-grade email marketing and CRM solution. You can manage everything — from sales to operations, marketing to CMS, from a single dashboard.
Compared to Mailchimp, HubSpot is a solid email marketing automation solution that connects to other parts of your business. It lets you take a bird’s eye view of growth from a single dashboard. HubSpot’s shared inbox feature includes free tools for live chat, Facebook Messenger, chatbots, and team email. It also has a universal inbox that gives sales, marketing, and helpdesk teams one place to view, manage, and reply to all conversations, regardless of their messaging channel.
On top of everything, HubSpot also integrates instantly with Salesforce, Canva, WordPress, Zapier, Stripe, and thousands of other marketing suites.
Why is HubSpot a good Mailchimp alternative?
- It combines email marketing automation and a host of other flexible marketing tools with a powerful CRM;
- It gives you granular control over your subscribers and how you manage them;
- It helps you centrally manage your Facebook, Google, Instagram, and LinkedIn ad campaigns.
B2B businesses that need advanced lead nurturing sequences and greater transparency over revenue generation. The platform is costly for small businesses, making it more suitable for mid-market scaleups or enterprise businesses looking to scale their business to the next level.
|Free||$0 per month||—|
|Starter||$18 per month||Up to 1000 subscribers and 5x tier contact limit for email sends;|
|Professional||$800 per month||Up to 2000 subscribers and 10x tier contact limit for email sends;|
6. Newsletter Plugin — Similar to Mailchimp for WordPress (WP)
Newsletter Plugin is a dedicated plugin for WordPress websites that allows you to run newsletters and email campaigns directly from the WP dashboard. It’s analogous to matching Mailchimp on many fronts, like automatic campaigns based on new blog posts.
- Easy to use drag and drop email composer;
- Subscription spam check with IP blocklists;
- Advanced targeting through segmentation;
- SMTP-ready with tested compatibility for SMTP plugins like Post SMTP.
Compared to other equivalent MailChimp alternatives on this list, Newsletter Plugin is simpler and only compatible if you have a WordPress website. The plugin can be installed via your WP dashboard and help you manage subscriptions, set up automation, build an email list, create a visual email, etc.
It also offers solid integrations with other marketing tools like Gravity Forms and Elementor and multiple email delivery connection options. With over 3M+ downloads, Newsletter is the perfect option for a WordPress blog looking to grow an email list and email marketing campaigns.
The Newsletter plugin also supports single and double opt-in verification and provides a privacy check box in line with the requirement for EU laws (GDPR) compliance.
Why is Newsletter Plugin a good Mailchimp alternative?
- You can send an unlimited number of newsletters;
- It has intuitive content blocks that help you create sleek layouts easily;
- You can add an external SMTP provider effortlessly to Newsletter Plugin.
Newsletter Plugin is suitable for bloggers, WordPress website owners or anyone looking to run a newsletter. While it’s an excellent plugin, it’s unjustified to expect full-suite features like other cloud email automation platforms from a WordPress plugin. If you want basic automation and to maintain a list, this can be a great and affordable alternative to WordPress.
|Basic||Free||Basic features with no autoresponders, detailed analytics, etc.|
|Blogger||$69 per month||All features for 1 website;|
|Agency||$269 per month||All features for up to 3 websites.|
7. Brevo (Sendinblue) – Best Mailchimp Alternative with Unlimited Contacts
Brevo (formerly Sendinblue) mainly aims at ecommerce store owners and startups and offers unlimited contacts across all its plans. It provides features to help you with email campaigns, SMS marketing, live chat, CRM, and marketing automation inside a single dashboard.
- SMTP to send emails;
- Store unlimited contacts;
- CRM functionality;
- Landing page builder.
Brevo also offers support for SMS marketing and has a unique shared inbox feature. So, you can see all the conversations across channels with a single contact (subscriber) from a single screen. The good thing is that you’re not charged based on contacts but on the number of emails you send monthly.
But the solution needs more advanced reporting and analytics, especially on the lower plans. If you’re a data-hungry marketer or business owner, look for identical MailChimp alternatives.
Brevo supports over 150+ integrations, including Typeform, Zoho apps, Shopify, and WordPress natively. In addition, it plugs into Node JS, Java, PHP, Python, and C# using API integrations.
Why is Brevo (Sendinblue) a good Mailchimp alternative?
- It has a robust email deliverability infrastructure;
- It has more features on the free plan;
- It has transactional emails added to each plan.
Brevo is excellent for eCommerce store owners, agencies, supplier companies, real estate agents, and businesses that maintain many contacts. As you’re not charged for the number of contacts, it can be a great option if you keep adding subscribers to your list daily.
|Free||$0 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails per day;|
|Starter||$25 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 20,000 emails per month;|
|Business||$65 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 20,000 emails per month + marketing automation features|
8. SendPulse – Email Service Like MailChimp for Pipedrive Integration
SendPulse is a robust email marketing solution with many advanced features you won’t find on MailChimp. It allows you to manage every aspect of your business — CRM, signup forms, SMS marketing, email, automation, chats, etc. from a single dashboard.
- Email & SMS marketing
- Marketing automation and CRM
- Integrates with several popular apps, including Opencart, WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Zapier, Salesforce, and Slack.
SendPulse is primarily targeted to course creators and learning businesses. It also has an inbuilt visual builder to create online courses, conduct tests, issue certificates, and more.
On top of its learning-oriented features, it allows you to create and manage your email campaigns, run chatbots across Instagram, WhatsApp, Telegram, meta, etc., and send push notifications.
Sendpulse smoothly integrates with Laravel-based frameworks via APIs to send real-time push notifications, even to mobile users. Also, it integrates with several popular applications, including Pipedrive, Opencart, WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Zapier, Salesforce, and Slack.
Why is SendPulse a Good Mailchimp alternative?
- It has a simple user interface;
- It offers a mobile responsive design;
- Has an inbuilt learning and development module;
- Supports web and mobile push notification campaigns;
- It provides social media and landing page campaign management.
Course creators, social media influencers, and businesses looking to nurture leads and grow their businesses through education-oriented content. The platform is even suitable for small businesses looking to engage their audience via chatbots on social media platforms.
|Free||$0 per month||Up to 500 subscribers, 15000 emails per month, 5 flows, and 1 landing page;|
|Standard||$6.40 per month paid annually||Up to 500 subscribers, unlimited emails per month , 10 flows, and 3 landing pages;|
|Pro||$7.68 per month paid annually||Up to 500 subscribers, unlimited emails, segments, 50 flows, and 10 landing pages;|
|Enterprise||$10.75 per month paid annually||Everything unlimited.|
9. Mailjet – Best Mailchimp Alternative for Drupal Integration
Mailjet is an easy-to-use platform for designing, sending, and monitoring email newsletters and automated email campaigns. It natively integrates with eCommerce platforms like Drupal, making it an excellent alternative for eCommerce platforms.
- Drag and drop editor to create beautiful emails;
- GDPR-compliant and ISO 27001 certified;
- Supports over 80+ integrations, including WordPress, WooCommerce, Prestashop, Magento, and Google.
Its functional drag-and-drop editor allows you to create beautiful emails without a single line of code. In addition, it provides proper transactional email functionality and good reporting capabilities.
More importantly, Mailjet is GDPR-compliant and ISO 27001 certified, offering users the highest data security and privacy levels. This is governed by their overarching Data Processing Agreement (DPA), promising 100% compliance with EU Data Protection Laws.
Mailjet supports over 80+ integrations, including WordPress, WooCommerce, Prestashop, Magento, and Google. In addition, it supports API integration with PHP, Python, Node.js, Java, C#, Go, and Ruby-based frameworks.
Why is Mailjet a good Mailchimp alternative?
- It has excellent deliverability;
- It has a drag-and-drop editor for building responsive emails;
- Allows you to collaborate with team members in real time.
Mailjet is suitable for eCommerce businesses running their operations on a platform like Drupal. As it integrates with many eCommerce and frontend frameworks, it’s a perfect companion for custom eComm platforms planning email campaigns natively.
|Free||$0 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 6,000 emails per month;|
|Essential||$15 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 15,000 emails per month;|
|Premium||$25 per month||Unlimited contacts and up to 15,000 emails per month + marketing automation;|
10. ActiveCampaign – Best Mailchimp Substitute for Squarespace Integration
ActiveCampaign is a solid MailChimp alternative known for its robust marketing automation features and sales automation capabilities. If you run a Squarespace website or a B2B business looking to nurture leads through a long funnel, you should look at ActiveCampaign.
- Robust sales automation features and capabilities;
- Supports powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text;
- 850+ integrations, including Magento, Google advertising and Google Analytics, WordPress, Shopify, etc.
The platform is an excellent weapon in the arsenal of an eCommerce marketer or business owner. It helps you visualize your conversation funnel and check the probability of conversion too. Other sales automation features like contact scoring and deal win probability are also great for B2B use cases and businesses.
With over 500+ pre-built automation recipes involving email marketing and CRM automation, ActiveCampaign is uniquely positioned as one of the most comparative Mailchimp competitors. It supports powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
In addition, it has 850+ integrations (including e-commerce integrations) that include Magento, Google advertising and Google Analytics, WordPress, WooCommerce, Salesforce, Calendly, Shopify, and Zapier.
Why is ActiveCampaign a Good Mailchimp alternative?
- It has many advanced features and automation capabilities;
- Helps visualize the complete marketing and sales funnel;
- It has advanced automation and testing features for omnichannel campaigns across SMS, email, and website.
ActiveCampaign is best for high-ticket eCommerce and B2B businesses. Wherever you need to nurture your audience through a complex funnel and need complete visibility, you should look for ActiveCampaign against MailChimp, as it will give you greater control.
|Cost||Limits & Features|
|Marketing Plus||$49 per month||Email marketing, automation, popups, etc.|
|Marketing Professional||$149 per month||Predictive sending, split automations, etc.|
|Marketing Enterprise||On-demand||Custom reports, Single signon, etc.|
11. Flodesk — Alternative with a Better Pricing Structure
Flodesk is a powerful email marketing platform that has a generous pricing model. For a flat monthly fee, it offers an email marketing solution with unlimited contacts, emails, forms, landing pages, etc.
- Unlimited contacts, emails, and forms at a flat price point;
- Drag-and-drop checkout and landing page builder;
- Workflow and email automation builder;
- Integrates with all major CRM and eCommerce platforms.
Flodesk promotes itself as an integrated solution that can promise a seamless experience for the end user. This means all your landing pages, emails, and checkout pages will offer a standardized user experience. There are in-built tools to nurture prospects and drive checkouts using an advanced yet easy-to-use automation builder.
Why is Flodesk a Good Mailchimp Alternative?
- Flat rate pricing across all pricing plans, unlike Mailchimp that increases costs based on list growth;
- Powerful landing and checkout pages builder for standardized email + website experience;
- Strong analytics dashboard to track email marketing metrics, funnel growth, and impact on sales revenue;
- Great support team and documentation.
Flodesk is the perfect email marketing software for small business owners, eCommerce store owners, and companies looking to create an integrated experience across email, website, and checkout.
|$35 per month||Unlimited Emails, subscribers, forms, landing page forms, workflows, and segments;|
|Checkout||$35 per month||Unlimited Emails, subscribers, forms, landing page forms, workflows, and segments + Sales pages, checkout pages, upsells, payments, transactions, and instant deliveries;|
|Everything||$59 per month||Everything with unlimited tier.|
Cheaper Alternatives to Mailchimp
In an ideal world, no one would care about price tags. But unfortunately, we live in a world where it costs a lot to run a business. Therefore, if you’re looking to bring down costs and searching for a cheaper Mailchimp replacement, you’re likely, not alone. Maybe that’s the primary reason you’re here—to save money without compromising on a great feature set. So, here are a few cheaper alternatives to Mailchimp to save money on email marketing:
We covered Sender above and shared how it’s an affordable MailChimp alternative. Apart from highly affordable monthly plans that start at $8 for up to 2500 subscribers, Sender also provides the best FREE forever plan that allows you to send up to 15,000 emails to 2,500 contacts for an eternity (lifetime) free of cost!
Isn’t it great? Well, if you’re swooped already, hear more. This free plan is equally powerful and includes advanced automation unavailable with free plans from other email marketing tools.
- Advanced automation workflows and SMS marketing features;
- Built-in drag-and-drop email builder and email marketing templates.
- Free forever plan that allows you to use all advanced features for up to 2500 subscribers;
- Cheap monthly plans start at just $8 per month.
Still waiting to switch and migrate? Get your feet wet with the FREE forever plan and join us when you’re ready for supercharged email marketing campaigns that don’t break the bank!
Sendpulse is another Mailchimp substitute you can consider. Their free plan allows you to send 15,000 emails but only to a maximum of 500 subscribers. The free plan also allows for one landing page per account, but no option to support segmentation and automation is also severely limited in quantity.
If you really like the tool, consider going in for one of their monthly paid plans starting at a mere $6.4 per month for up to 500 subscribers, which is one of the things that’s good about this platform. Comparable to MailChimp on the features front, Sendpulse offers the following edge:
- A great free plan that allows sending up to 15000 emails per month to 500 subscribers;
- The affordable monthly cost for their premium plans allows using all the features;
- Amazing chatbot and web push functionality and features;
- Powerful learning module that allows you to create courses from the same platform.
Benchmark is one of the underrated email programs that support email marketing campaigns, email automation, and landing pages and offers integrations with 1500+ popular services.
Their free plan allows you to hold unlimited email contacts but limits the number of emails you can send out per month to 3500 emails. Their monthly premium plan starts from $9.99 for up to 500 subscribers.
- In-built AI tools to create contextual email content and achieve high deliverability rates;
- User-friendly and responsive email template library;
- Supports advanced conditional logic and marketing automation flows;
- A great free plan that allows you to store unlimited contacts.
Alternatives to Mailchimp: Price & Feature Comparison Table
|Sender||Mailchimp||Sendinblue||Constant Contact||Aweber||HubSpot||Newsletter Plugin||SendPulse||MailJet||ActiveCampaign||Flodesk|
|Contacts||Up to 2 500||Up to 2 000||Unlimited||Unlimited||Not specified||Up to 1,000 (free plan)||Up to 1,000 (free plan)||Up to 2,500 (free plan)||Up to 200 (free plan)||100 Contact (free plan)||Unlimited|
|Emails||Up to 15 000||Up to 10 000||Up to 900||Up to 900||Not specified||Up to 2,000 (free plan)||Not specified||Up to 15,000 (free plan)||Up to 6,000 (free plan)||100 emails (Free plan)||Unlimited|
|Daily limits (Free account)||Unlimited||Up to 2 000||300||300||100 per day||500 per day||Not specified||–||–||–||–|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat||Email-only, first 30 days||Email-only||Email-only||24/7 Live Chat + Email||Email and Live Chat (free plan)||Email-only||Email and Live Chat||Email and Live Chat||Email and Live Chat||Email Support|
|Email Templates Library||“+”||Basic||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||–||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Advanced Reporting||“+”||–||–||–||“+”||Basic on Lower Plans||–||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Geography & device reporting||“+”||–||–||–||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||–|
|Heat map reporting||“+”||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Advanced open & click stats.||“+”||–||–||–||“+”||Basic on Lower Plans||Basic||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Multi-user access||Unlimited||Limited on Lower Plans||Limited on Lower Plans||1||Unlimited on Higher Plans||–||–||3 users||Yes||3 Users||–|
|Pricing||$8.33 per month for 2500 subscribers and upto 30k emails per month||$9.36 per month for 500 subscribers and 5000 emails per month||$25 per month for sending upto 20k emails/month (No restriction on subscribers)||$9.99 per month for upto 500 contacts||Starts from $20 for 500 contacts||$45 per month for up to 1000 contacts (subscribers)||$69 per year||$6.40 / month for upto 500 subscribers||$15/month for upto 15000 emails||$9 per month for 500 subscribers|
Paid Plans start at $35 per month for unlimited emails and contacts
Key Takeaways: Mailchimp Alternatives
- Always choose an email service provider that offers a flexible and affordable monthly pricing plan;
- Look for alternatives that will help you scale your email marketing operations with valuable features and automation;
- Never pick an alternative without looking at the migration cost and actual cost of monthly engagement;
- Plan to migrate to a service provider that can promise actual cost of operations and is transparent about monthly pricing plans.
Mailchimp Alternatives: FAQ
Now that we’ve looked at the best alternatives to Mailchimp, let’s review some of the most frequently asked questions about Mailchimp.
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing solution that offers basic features and functionalities to start your email marketing operations. You can use Mailchimp to send emails, create basic landing pages and forms, and create simple, one-step automation.
What are the Free Alternatives to Mailchimp?
Sender and Sendinblue offer generous free plans and are the best free alternatives to MailChimp. You can check their pricing plans on their websites. However, if you’re looking for a truly free alternative, you should pick Sender, as it offers a free forever plan for up to 2500 subscribers.
Is Mailchimp a CRM?
No. Mailchimp is an email marketing solution. It doesn’t come with CRM functionality, but you can use it to manage your email list.
How Much Does Mailchimp Actually Cost?
The actual cost of Mailchimp depends entirely on the number of subscribers you have and the emails you send them monthly. According to an estimate, MailChimp can charge you up to $79 if you have an email list of 10000 subscribers.
What are Cheaper Alternatives to Mailchimp?
There are many cheaper alternatives to MailChimp. You can look at Sender, Sendpulse, and Benchmark Email. Each of these has a free plan and is quite affordable when it comes to monthly costs in contrast to MailChimp.