GetResponse is a well-established email marketing and automation platform. They have been in the market for longer than most of their competitors. In fact, according to CrunchBase, GetResponse started operations in 1997.
Being the oldest doesn’t always mean being the best, though. There’s a reason why a lot of businesses have been looking for GetResponse alternatives. While GetResponse does provide a multitude of features, the competition is fierce, with many powerful GetResponse alternatives in the market.
Let’s look at some of the best alternatives you can pick if you’re not happy with GetResponse.
Why Consider GetResponse Alternatives?
GetResponse is a powerful email marketing tool, but others are on the market, too. Here are some reasons why you might want to consider GetResponse alternatives:
- Clunky UI and Poor User Experience: Many users have noted that GetResponse’s website and dashboard could be clearer and easier to use, making it a less-than-ideal platform for businesses that want something more user-friendly.
- Limited Automation Capabilities: While GetResponse does offer some automation features, they may not be as advanced or intuitive as some users would prefer. For instance, the platform lacks the ability to trigger automation based on customer behavior, such as page visits or purchase history.
- Slow Customer Support: Some GetResponse users have reported that customer support can be unresponsive or slow to resolve issues. This can be frustrating for businesses that need quick help with their email marketing campaigns.
- Limited Reporting and Analytics: While GetResponse does provide some reporting and analytics features, they may not be as comprehensive as some other email marketing tools on the market.
- Limited A/B Testing: A/B testing is an essential tool for optimizing email campaigns, but some users find that GetResponse’s A/B testing features could be improved. For instance, you can only test subject lines and send times, which may not be enough for some businesses.
Best GetResponse Alternatives in 2023
If you want to switch from GetResponse to a different email marketing service, you’ve got plenty of options in 2023. Here are some of the best email marketing services you can use as a viable GetResponse Alternative.
- Sendinblue (Brevo);
Let’s have a look at each one of the above.
1. Sender – Best GetResponse Alternative for Marketing Automation
Sender is an all-purpose automation platform that includes email and SMS marketing. They provide complete control and access for every user, irrespective of the plan they’re on. Even the free plan grants access to all the premium features, making them a great alternative to GetResponse, especially for small businesses.
- Drag-and-drop email builder;
- User-friendly workflow automation;
- Powerful behavioral and activity-based segmentation;
- Robust campaign personalization features;
- Amazing deliverability.
Sender’s feature set is comparable to other marketing automation tools like GetResponse, Mailchimp, HubSpot, etc., without a restrictive and predatory pricing model. In fact, while Sender markets itself for SMBs (small-to-medium businesses), the extensive feature set is more than enough for enterprise-level companies.
As a GetResponse alternative, it offers stunning customer support, great deliverability, and the power to run automated omnichannel campaigns. Additionally, the price per thousand subscribers is much lower. Sender’s the most affordable yet effective email marketing tool out there.
Why is Sender the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Powerful marketing automation features with drag and drop builder;
- Affordable pricing plan with a free forever plan for up to 2500 subscribers;
- Great segmentation and personalization features;
- Insightful and deep reporting dashboard;
- Useful list-building and lead nurturing features;
Great for eCommerce businesses, small business owners, startup founders, and marketers who want to automate email and SMS campaigns.
Pros & Cons
|Omnichannel automation with drag-and-drop workflow builder||No landing page builder (yet)|
|Most affordable pricing plans with a free tier for up to 2500 subscribers||Sender’s logo with Free plan|
|Behavioral segmentation and personalization features|
- Free forever plan that allows setting up campaigns for up to 2500 subscribers without any feature restrictions;
- Paid plan starts at $8.33 per month for sending up to 30,000 emails per month.
2. Mailchimp – Best Getresponse Alternative with Landing Page Builder
Mailchimp is a well-known email marketing tool that you can use if you’re disappointed with the landing page features of GetResponse. The platform allows you to create conversion-focused landing pages via an in-built landing page builder.
- Drag-and-drop landing page builder;
- Basic segmentation and targeting options;
- A/B testing and optimization capabilities;
- Integrates with major tools, apps, and CRMs.
Mailchimp has all the useful features like custom fields, behavioral segmentation, and automated campaign creation to help you automate your marketing efforts. The built-in form builder allows you to create customized and mobile-responsive signup forms, surveys, and quizzes to collect data from your subscribers.
But sadly, Mailchimp chooses a predatory pricing strategy that involves partially forcing some users to pay more to get the things they want. Even with the most expensive plan, not everything is available. Some features are to be paid for separately, like an add-on. Plus, they add absolutely every entry to the total subscriber count, including duplicate, unsubscribed, and erroneous emails. This can quickly increase your email marketing costs.
Why is Mailchimp the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Drag-and-drop landing page builder to create high-converting pages;
- Segmentation and targeting options to help you reach the right audience;
- Integrations with over 300 popular tools, including social media platforms, eCommerce apps, and CRMs.
Small business owners looking to create landing pages and forms to capture leads and nurture them.
Pros & Cons
|Intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder||Predatory pricing model with limited features on starter plans|
|Appointment scheduling feature||Non-transparent strategy when it comes to counting subscriber counts|
|Wide variety of third-party integrations||Limited automation options compared to some competitors|
- Free plan available for up to 500 subscribers and 1000 emails sent per month;
- Paid plans start at $9.29 per month (billed annually) for up to 500 subscribers and 500 email sends.
Also read: 10 Best Mailchimp Alternatives for 2022 (Free & Paid)
3. SendInBlue (Brevo) – GetResponse Alternative for Detailed Campaign Reports
Brevo is a robust solution suitable for business owners and marketers who love deep data insights for their email campaigns. The platform provides advanced reporting features that help you track and analyze campaign performance for informed decision-making.
- Advanced reporting and analytics features;
- Omnichannel automation campaigns;
- Store unlimited contacts, even on a free plan;
- A/B testing and optimization capabilities.
As is common, SendInBlue markets itself as an “all-in-one” platform. They provide email marketing, automation features, landing page creation, etc. Everything you’ve come to expect out of such a platform.
One of their unique features is a shared inbox, which is really neat for larger teams who run omnichannel campaigns. You can connect all your inboxes, campaigns, and omnichannel operations into one single dashboard to keep track of all interactions.
Why is Sendinblue the Best Alternative to GetResponse?
- No limits or restrictions on storing contacts; all plans support unlimited contacts;
- Advanced workflow automation builder with pre-made templates;
- Lead scoring, email segmentation, and behavioral personalization features;
- Supports transactional emails with email API that offers great deliverability.
B2B SaaS businesses, eCommerce business owners, and companies that want to analyze their email campaign data and make informed decisions based on it.
Pros & Cons
|Advanced reporting and analytics features to track performance||Confusing list management features|
|Omnichannel campaigns on autopilot||Limited email preview support|
|Decent lead scoring and personalization features||Transactional emails can be tricky to set up sometimes|
- Paid plans start at $25 per month for sending up to 20,000 emails per month with support for unlimited contacts;
- Free plan is also available that supports unlimited contacts and sending up to 300 emails per day.
4. CampaignMonitor – GetResponse Competitor for Deep Email Analytics segment
CampaignMonitor is an email marketing automation platform that provides deep email analytics, making it a good alternative for GetResponse users looking for advanced data insights. The system allows you to track and analyze subscriber behavior in real time, making it easy to understand what is working and what needs improvement.
- Advanced tracking and analytics features;
- Drag-and-drop email builder;
- A/B testing and optimization;
- High email deliverability rates;
- Integrations with hundreds of popular tools.
They have a solid focus on marketing automation and email marketing capabilities, making it a viable GetResponse alternative. You can use the in-built popup form builder to launch forms for collecting visitors’ contacts & segment them into smart email lists. Advanced features like segmentation customization allow marketers to target audience with personalized email campaigns.
Additionally, they provide a few unique features that could benefit SMBs, such as the Link Reviewer. If you’ve ever accidentally sent a newsletter with a broken link, you know how painful that can be. CampaignMonitor’s Link Reviewer would allow you to catch and fix those issues quickly.
Interestingly, CampaignMonitor has many of the same drawbacks as GetResponse. They both focus on pumping out features and less on making them work really well. As such, don’t get shocked if you run into clunky UIs or broken features. Even their template editor isn’t all that impressive when compared to other email marketing automation providers
Why is CampaignMonitor the best GetResponse Alternative?
- Deep segmentation and personalization features based on audience behavior;
- Amazing analytics features;
- Large library of ready-to-use templates;
eCommerce store owners, B2B SaaS entrepreneurs, and companies with elaborate sales cycles and need for real-time analytics.
Pros & Cons
|Advanced tracking and analytics features;||Doesn’t have a landing page builder;|
|Great email deliverability rates;||Email template builder isn’t so user-friendly;|
|Integrates with hundreds of popular tools.||Some features are only available on high-tier pricing plans.|
- Paid plan starts at $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers and 2500 emails sent per month;
- Free limited-period trial is also available.
5. AWeber – Best GetResponse Alternative with Email Template Builder
AWeber is an email marketing platform that boasts a powerful email template builder. The platform is user-friendly and comes with several templates that you can customize to suit your business needs.
- User-friendly email template builder;
- Wide variety of third-party integrations;
- Robust analytics and A/B testing;
- Autoresponder and drip campaign capabilities.
They also have a few unique features – AMP emails, hosted message broadcast archive, popup forms, web push notifications, a landing page builder, etc. Of course, GetResponse doesn’t provide either, making AWeber stand out in this regard.
AWeber also provides a wide variety of third-party integrations that make it easy to connect with other tools in your marketing stack. Additionally, the platform offers robust analytics and A/B testing, making it a good alternative for GetResponse users who want detailed insights into their campaigns.
All in all, GetResponse & Aweber are both pretty similar. However, AWeber might be a great alternative for those who don’t want to fork out a fortune for some extra features.
Why is AWeber the Best Alternative to GetResponse?
- User-friendly email template builder that allows for customization;
- Wide variety of third-party integrations for connecting with other tools in your marketing stack;
- AMP email functionality and hosted message broadcast for better reach;
- Autoresponder and drip campaign capabilities to nurture leads and automate campaigns.
Great for eCommerce stores, businesses, companies with a large list of subscribers who are most active on their mobile devices.
Pros & Cons
|Great email template builder with responsive templates||Limited customer support options|
|Third-party integrations with all major solutions||Outdated user interface|
|AMP emails for deep customer engagement||Lack of advanced automation capabilities|
- Starts at $12.50 per month for up to 500 subscribers and one email list;
- A free plan is also available for up to 500 subscribers and 3000 emails sent per month.
6. Hubspot – Best GetResponse Alternative For List Management
HubSpot is a powerful email marketing and automation solution with great list management features, making it a good alternative to GetResponse for businesses that want to manage their contacts more effectively.
- Advanced list management features;
- Targeted email campaigns and personalization;
- Free CRM capabilities;
- Landing page creation;
- Social media marketing integration.
With HubSpot, you can create targeted email campaigns, track customer behavior, and personalize content for every subscriber. The platform also offers a free CRM solution with several marketing automation features, solutions, and capabilities to manage your entire sales and marketing funnels. However, HubSpot can be expensive, and its pricing plans are geared toward larger businesses.
Why is HubSpot the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Powerful marketing automation features with advanced segmentation capabilities;
- Free CRM with deep capabilities to automate RevOps, sales, and marketing funnels;
- Great lead nurturing features via email and personalized campaigns.
B2B SaaS and sales-oriented organizations who want absolute transparency over lead workflow and strong CRM capabilities.
Pros & Cons
|Advanced list management and segmentation features||Expensive pricing plans|
|Landing page and marketing automation workflow builder||Limited automation and personalization capabilities on lower plans|
|Free CRM for lead management||Steep learning curve|
- Starts at $18 per month (billed annually) for up to 1000 subscribers;
- Free limited-period trial available with feature restrictions.
7. Mailjet — Good Alternative For Transactional Email Campaigns
Mailjet is a good alternative for businesses that need to send transactional and marketing emails. The platform offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop email builder and advanced email tracking features.
- User-friendly drag-and-drop email builder;
- Advanced email tracking features;
- Transactional email API for automated emails;
- Collaboration tool called Passport.
One of Mailjet’s key features is its transactional email API, which allows businesses to send automated emails such as order confirmations and password resets. Additionally, Mailjet offers a collaboration tool that enhances workflow across large teams and speeds up the campaign approval process.
Why is Mailjet the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Great collaboration features that allow you to speed up the process of email campaign creation;
- Email API that streamlines the process of sending transactional emails;
- Drag-and-drop email builder with responsive templates.
Businesses need to send transactional emails in addition to marketing emails and for those who value collaboration in the email campaign creation process.
Pros & Cons
|Great email deliverability rates||Limited automation features|
|Advanced segmentation features||Slow customer support|
|Affordable pricing plans||Poor documentation|
- Free plan that allows storing unlimited contacts and sending up to 6000 emails a month;
- Paid plan starts at $15/month for sending up to 15000 emails.
8. EmailOctopus — Best Alternative for Drag-and-drop Builder
EmailOctopus is a great alternative to GetResponse for businesses looking for a simple, user-friendly drag-and-drop email builder. The platform offers affordable pricing plans and advanced features like automation and segmentation.
- User-friendly drag-and-drop email builder;
- Landing page builder;
- Advanced automation and segmentation features;
- Integrations with popular apps like Zapier.
With EmailOctopus, you can create beautiful email campaigns in minutes without any coding skills. Additionally, the platform integrates with popular apps like Zapier to connect with other marketing tools. However, EmailOctopus may not be the best choice for businesses that need more advanced features like A/B testing, deeper analytics, or marketing automation workflows.
Why EmailOctopus is the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Simple and user-friendly drag-and-drop email builder with many beautiful templates;
- Deep integrations with popular apps like Zapier to automate your operations;
- Affordable pricing plan compared to GetResponse.
Teams, businesses, and marketers who want pixel-perfect email designs without the hassle of coding or spending a lot of time refining email designs.
Pros & Cons
|Drag-and-drop email builder||Limited customer support options|
|Landing page builder||No advanced email automation available. Supports automation via third-party platforms|
|GDPR compliance||Lack of comprehensive reporting capabilities like other email platforms|
- Free plan that supports up to 2500 subscribers and 10000 emails per month;
- Paid plan starts at $8 per month for up to 500 subscribers, 10k emails, and unlimited landing pages/forms.
9. Pipedrive — Best GetResponse Alternative for Sales Funnels
Pipedrive is a great alternative to GetResponse for businesses that need a sales funnel solution. Pipedrive provides an easy-to-use CRM solution that gives complete transparency into your sales pipeline.
- Sales funnel solution with pipeline-first CRM approach;
- Easy-to-use interface for visualizing sales pipeline;
- Sales process and lead nurturing automation;
- AI tech for analyzing growth opportunities.
Pipedrive is a great email marketing solution for businesses looking for an alternative to GetResponse, especially when it comes to sales funnels. With Pipedrive, you can organize your sales process in the most efficient way, making it easy to manage all your leads, deals, and contacts in one single platform.
This email marketing solution has various features that make it highly effective for sales funnel management. One of these features is the custom sales pipeline, which you can tailor to suit your business needs. Additionally, Pipedrive has a highly visual interface, making it easy for you to track and visualize your sales funnel progress.
Why is Pipedrive the Best GetResponse Alternative?
- Manage the entire sales pipeline from lead gen to nurturing and closing deals on a single platform;
- Simple, user-friendly, and modern interface with customizable dashboards to fit sales growth needs;
- Powerful sales automation features that help with customer relationship management, automated lead scoring, email sequences, and workflow automation.
- Deep reporting and sales forecasting features to help make data-driven decisions.
B2B SaaS businesses and companies with longer sales cycles that require a sales funnel solution to visualize the sales forecasts.
Pros & Cons
|Sales-focused CRM, email, and marketing automation solutions||Costly pricing plans|
|Helpful customer support||Paid add-ons to enhance functionality|
|Intuitive and user-friendly interface||Tricky drag-and-drop interface|
- Paid plan starts at $9.90 per month for basic lead and pipeline management; Email functionality and automation are only available on higher-paid plans;
- Free 14-day trial is also available.
Cheaper Alternatives to GetResponse
Sometimes, using an email marketing tool like GetResponse can feel costly for a business owner. Despite great features, you might want to look for cheaper or more affordable alternatives to bring down costs. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to GetResponse, here are some platforms you can use:
Sender offers a free plan allowing you to use all its advanced features for up to 2,500 subscribers. Its paid plans also start at just $8 per month. All plans provide access to advanced automation workflows, built-in drag-and-drop email builder, and email marketing templates.
You can also enjoy powerful segmentation tools, in-depth analytics and insights for your email marketing campaigns, SMS marketing campaigns, intuitive drag-and-drop automation workflows, and more. Here are the most useful features:
- Advanced automation workflows;
- Omnichannel marketing features supporting email and SMS;
- Feature-rich drag-and-drop email builder with responsive email marketing templates;
- Powerful behavioral segmentation, personalization, and lead nurturing features;
- SMS marketing campaign automation in sync with your email marketing strategy;
- Intuitive drag-and-drop automation workflow builder.
Sender offers a free-forever plan that allows you to use all advanced features for up to 2500 subscribers.
SendX is an affordable email marketing software that offers many features at a great price. With SendX, you can create and send unlimited emails, manage your subscriber list, and track your campaign performance. The paid plans start at $7.49 per month for up to 1000 subscribers and offer features like:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email campaign builder;
- Automation workflows;
- Segmentation and audience tagging;
- A/B testing.
Alternatives to GetResponse: Price & Feature Comparison Table
|Contacts||Up to 2 500 (Free Plan)||Up to 500 (Free Plan)||Unlimited||Up to 500 contacts (Starter Plan)||Not specified||Up to 1,000 (free plan)||Up to 200 (free plan)||Up to 2500 subscribers (Free Plan)||3000 (Open Deals on Starter Plans)|
|Emails||Up to 15 000 (Free Plan)||Up to 1000||Up to 9000||2500 emails per month (Starter Plan)||Not specified||Up to 2,000 (free plan)||Up to 6,000 (free plan)||10,000 emails per month (Free plan)||–|
|Daily limits (Free account)||Unlimited||–||300||–||100 per day||500 per day||–||–||–|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat + Email||Email-only, first 30 days||Email-only||Email Support||24/7 Live Chat + Email||Email and Live Chat (free plan)||Email and Live Chat||Email Support||Email Support|
|Email Templates Library||“+”||Basic||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Advanced Reporting||“+”||–||–||“+”||“+”||Basic on Lower Plans||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Geography & device reporting||“+”||–||–||–||“+”||“+”||“+”||–||–|
|Heat map reporting||“+”||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Advanced open & click stats.||“+”||–||–||“+”||“+”||Basic on Lower Plans||“+”||“+”||“+”|
|Multi-user access||Unlimited||Limited on Lower Plans||Limited on Lower Plans||Limited on Lower Plans||Unlimited on Higher Plans||–||Yes||Limited on Lower Plans||Limited on Lower Plans|
|Pricing||$8.33 per month for 2500 subscribers and up to 30k emails per month||$9.36 per month for 500 subscribers and 5000 emails per month||$25 per month for sending up to 20k emails/month (No restriction on subscribers)||Paid plan starts at $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers and 2500 emails sent per month;||Starts from $20 for 500 contacts||$45 per month for up to 1000 contacts (subscribers)||$15/month for up to 15000 emails||Paid plan starts at $8 per month for up to 500 subscribers, 10k emails, and unlimited landing pages/forms.||Paid plan starts at $9.90 per month for basic lead and pipeline management; Email functionality and automation are only available on higher-paid plans;|
- Pick an email marketing service that comes with advanced automation and other helpful features to boost customer engagement;
- Look for Getresponse alternatives that offer affordable monthly pricing options;
- Always test all email marketing tools using a free trial before migrating to a solution or platform;
- Explore any hidden-free or tiered pricing based on your email list size to avoid any shocks.
Anmol Ratan Sachdeva is a content marketer and small business consultant who has a strong grip on topics like marketing automation, email marketing, and content marketing. He loves to write about building, improving, and growing a business.